Friday, April 20, 2012

2 Daytime Games and a Roadtrip


On Sunday we attended what was my first daytime Legends game. Perfect baseball weather followed by a perfect farmers sunburn. I was pretty exhausted, having worked all night and gone from work to church to the game; and Clinton was sick, but it was our Kyle's home opener as a pitcher and neither of us was missing that for anything. We actually got to see all three of our guys play Sunday and that was very cool. Wednesday was an insanely early game..10 in the morning. It was Education Day for the Legends and there were dozens of school buses in the parking lot plus thousands of children in the stands. The ratio of kids versus adults attending this game was unreal. I had fun with Clinton's professional camera and ended up take 889 pictures. Yes..that's right. Just under 900 pictures of a single game. I wasn't randomly snapping pics, I was trying to get the very best shots of each guy to be able to send to them and their families. I love hearing from all the friends and families as they discover my pictures...love it!

I heard from Alex's family this week, and I'm looking forward to meeting them in person sometime :) They are very proud of him and they should be! He is a great kid with this amazing personality. All 3 of our guys are so different from each other but each awesome in their own right. Before the season,  I wondered which players we would get and wondered if they would like us, if they would be friendly guys, and so on. All I can tell you is that we have been blessed :) We spent time with all three on Wednesday during the Away Game Sendoff, talking fantasy baseball leagues, current and past ballplayers, and oh yeah...baseball! Lol. It is Clinton's very favorite subject. I spent time with the camera, trying to get shots of each of the host moms with their players.

Our goodie bags this week were sweetened up with my homemade chocolate chip banana bread, and blueberry cheesecake muffins. I made more of the pretzel white chocolate m n' m mix, because Alex said they were a hit last time. I had some giftcards to Subway a good friend gave us so I got each of the boys a big sub of their choice to go with their bags of snacks  (peanuts, chips, granola bars, sunflower seeds, trail mix, crackers, etc) I also told them their was a prize in their bags but they had to find it lol ( it was an itunes giftcard for the road). So far the most requested items for their bags has been drinks (powerade and gatorade), fruit, and lunch meat w/bread to make sandwiches. I am going to try to buy a small cooler before our next away games, to be able to provide more of that lunch type stuff to go with them. The guys told me that lunch is an issue on road trip, and that not having to buy lunch would help a lot.

I wasn't able to listen to the radio tonight but a
quick congratulations to Alex for his RBI, Kyle for the great win at Kannapolis and to Jason for getting a save two nights in a row!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment