Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meet the Players - Day 1



It's the first day of being host parents for the Legends. We've read all the rules, listened to all the suggestions, and anticipated this day for months. Today we had a special Booster Club meeting where we reconnected with fellow host parents and finally got to meet our players. The three players we will be host parents for this year are Jason Chowning, Kyle Hallock, and Alex Todd. The kids and I are hosting Jason and Kyle,  and my Clinton is hosting Alex. We are doing this together, as a team though... our theory is the more support the guys get, the better! I, of course, am looking forward to the "mama" part of being a host mom..taking care of people is what I do best. My project for tomorrow is making the first Road Trip Goodie Bag for each player before we send them off to face the Greensboro Grasshoppers. I pried snack requests from the guys and will see how it goes.

We had dinner with two of our guys tonight ("all you can eat" pizza is never a bad thing with young athletes!) and got to know them a little better. I came away thinking that I know their real moms must be proud. Exceptional athletes sure... but humble and friendly are the words that came to mind as well.

I've been impatiently waiting for baseball to start since..well, since it ended last season. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be a host parent, and hope to do a good job as a newbie at this. The purpose of this blog is multifaceted - to share my experiences as a host parent to others who might be interested in doing the same thing, to share pictures and articles on our guys and to cheer them on the best way I know how, and to have a place where their families and loved ones can come visit and see what their boys are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment